|June 29, 2021 02:53 PM
|Senator Wayne D. Fontana and Sen. James R. Brewster, Sen. Nikil Saval
|All Senate members
|Extension of Emergency Provisions for Restaurants
Due to the Pennsylvania Senate not passing a clean version of HB 1154, we intend to introduce legislation that will provide the opportunity for bars, taverns and restaurants to extend some of the emergency provisions of the disaster declaration. Specifically, our bill will permanently enshrine the following:
• Mixed drinks to go
• Ability to sell in contiguous areas outside of the licensed premises
• Increase in the wholesale discount from 10% to 15%
• Allow an unlimited number of off premise catering permits
• Waive safekeeping fees; and
• Ability for closing restaurants and taverns to sell their liquor inventory to other liquor licensees.
The hospitality industry has been decimated over the past 15 months. We hope you will join us in co-sponsoring this legislation to help local bars and restaurants get back on their feet again after a year of immense hardship.
Introduced as SB948