Legislation Quick Search
10/23/2021 02:04 AM
Pennsylvania State Senate
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=S&SPick=20210&cosponId=35746
Share:
Home / Senate Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Senate Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Subscribe to PaLegis Notifications
NEW!

Subscribe to receive notifications of new Co-Sponsorship Memos circulated

By Member | By Date | Keyword Search


Senate of Pennsylvania
Session of 2021 - 2022 Regular Session

MEMORANDUM

Posted: May 27, 2021 12:48 PM
From: Senator Wayne D. Fontana
To: All Senate members
Subject: Sports Betting Kiosks in Taverns
 
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many industries were negatively affected during the mandated shutdown.  This included our local small bars and taverns.   

 

To try to even the playing field for mom and pop businesses as well as grant them an additional source of income, I will soon be introducing legislation that would allow online sports betting kiosks in taverns which is defined as R Licensees (with beer, wine and liquor) but would not include stop and go’s, hotels or golf courses. Slot machine licensees will be required to purchase a tavern sports wagering certificate to conduct sports wagering in a tavern.  The tavern will receive 25% of the gross terminal revenue from each kiosk located on the premises with the casino receiving the other 75%.   

 

I believe this proposal will help bolster both state revenue and the incomes of these small businesses struggling as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.  I hope you will consider joining me in supporting our local community taverns.  



Introduced as SB843