|In the near future I will be offering legislation to extend the Pennsylvania Heart and Lung Act to the following Law Enforcement entities who currently are not protected by this important coverage:
All of these Law Enforcement officers place themselves in harm’s way and deserve the protections of the Heart and Lung Act. It is my hope passage of this legislation will result in all Law Enforcement who are currently not covered by Heart and Lung to be included in this Act. I hope you will join me in signing onto this legislation.
- Allegheny County Port Authority Police Officers
- Park Rangers employed by DCNR
- Ft. Indian Town Gap Police Officers
- University Police Officers (PITT, PSU, Temple and Lincoln)
- Campus Police Officers (14 State Schools under PA State System of Higher Education)
- Special Investigators of the Office of Inspector General
- Allegheny County Housing Authority Police
If you have any questions please contact Charlie O’Neill in my office at 717-787-6538.