Legislation Quick Search
05/18/2022 02:52 AM
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Home / House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Subscribe to PaLegis Notifications

Subscribe to receive notifications of new Co-Sponsorship Memos circulated

By Member | By Date | Keyword Search

House of Representatives
Session of 2021 - 2022 Regular Session


Posted: October 20, 2021 09:20 AM
From: Representative Ryan E. Mackenzie
To: All House members
Subject: Amusement Park Liquor License Update
In the near future I will be introducing legislation to allow amusement parks to sell alcoholic beverages by utilizing a Public Venue License.

Currently, amusement parks in Pennsylvania usually obtain a Restaurant Liquor License in order to serve alcohol, but this does not match the reality of their operations. A Public Venue License more closely matches their operations and is already used in Pennsylvania for venues such as hotels, golf courses, ski resorts, bowling allies, museums, and science centers.

My legislation will allow amusement parks that hold a Restaurant Liquor License prior to January 1, 2021 to exchange it for a Public Venue License at no cost. A Public Venue License normally costs $5,000. The Restaurant Liquor License would be turned in and auctioned off by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.

Under this legislation, amusement parks will continue to abide by all other liquor laws in Pennsylvania.

This legislation is supported by the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association.

Please join me in cosponsoring this important piece of legislation.

View Attachment

Introduced as HB2049