|Posted:||December 21, 2020 09:06 AM|
|From:||Representative Ed Neilson|
|To:||All House members|
|Subject:||Construction Job Tax Credit (Formerly HB 2559)|
|Workers and their families across the state are making many sacrifices in light of COVID-19. It’s on us to set the stage for an economic boost that will help our healthy workforce get back on their feet after this pandemic. To meet this responsibility, we need to advance legislation that creates jobs, supports businesses in various industries, and enacts stimulus packages that help all Pennsylvanians.
That is why I plan to introduce legislation which would create a construction job tax credit to award qualifying facilities a tax credit of $20,000 per full-time equivalent job that is created during the construction phase.
Tax credit eligibility will be available to manufacturing or processing facilities in Pennsylvania who do the following:
· Make a private capital investment of $450 million or greater.
· Create at least 200 new jobs during the construction phase of the project.
· Make good faith efforts to recruit and employ workers from the local labor market.
· Comply with the Prevailing Wage Act for the new construction jobs created.
· Maintain the project facility operations in Pennsylvania for at least 10 years.
· Use at least 50 percent of the raw materials during construction that are sourced from Pennsylvania.
Please join me in this effort to build Pennsylvania’s economic development incentives and attract capital investment from companies willing to create and retain good paying jobs.
Introduced as HB1125