|Posted:||December 17, 2020 11:40 AM|
|From:||Representative Daryl D. Metcalfe|
|To:||All House members|
|I will be reintroducing legislation (former HB284) that will amend Title 37 (Historical & Museums) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes. This legislation has several key provisions to update and modernize the History Code.
The key provisions include:
1. Adding definitions for Archival Record, Public Record, Record, State Archives, and State Archivist.
2. Modernizing the sale and disposition of property as well as adding language on abandoned property
on loan to the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (PHMC).
3. Including language that the State Archives shall be the official repository for the permanent and
historically valuable public records of the Commonwealth.
4. Adds a new section on the protection and recovery of historical Commonwealth and local government
5. Opening access to older public records after 75 years, unless specifically prohibited by law.
6. Removing from Title 37 certain historical properties that the PHMC either has transferred or sold to
Please join me in cosponsoring this important piece of legislation. If you have any questions, please contact Pam Neugard at email@example.com or 717-783-1707.
Introduced as HB284