|Posted:||August 27, 2020 09:27 AM|
|From:||Representative Gary Day|
|To:||All House members|
|Subject:||Prioritizing Long Term Care Infectious Disease Control Measures|
|In the near future I plan to introduce legislation to address the many issues surrounding the Commonwealth’s long-term care (LTC) facilities that have arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our seniors have been disproportionately affected by this crisis and the ensuing decisions made by the administration in attempting to curb the spread of the virus. This legislation will ensure that our seniors in long term care facilities are prioritized from the start of an infectious disease outbreak.
In order to do so this legislation would create the following:
· A PPE stockpile within the Commonwealth
· Mandatory testing of residents and employees in LTC facilities
· Prioritization of a vaccine if/when available to LTC facilities
· The creation of an Infectious Disease Advisory Commission
· Creation of a single data reporting system for facilities
· Staffing requirements during a disaster emergency in nursing homes, assisted living and personal care homes
I hope you will join me in co-sponsoring this important legislation.
Introduced as HB2867