|In the near future, I plan to introduce legislation that will amend the Local Option Small Games of Chance Act to assist our state’s nonprofits with raising more revenue for charity.
Under my legislation, the LOSGOC Act will be amended as follows:
- Eliminate the weekly aggregate prize limit imposed on licensed eligible organizations.
- Simplify the license renewal process for eligible organizations.
- Permit eligible organizations to operate vertical wheels and other new games.
- Allow clubs to retain more small games revenue.
- Other omnibus changes to make small games more profitable for both nonprofits and taverns.
While the General Assembly has made needed changes to LOSGOC Act in previous sessions, I believe more can be done to provide our non-profits with the tools necessary to raise more funds through small games. Small games of chance are a valuable source of fundraising for many non-profits, and I hope you will consider cosponsoring this needed legislation that will enable the Commonwealth’s nonprofits to raise more funds for their charitable purposes.