Legislation Quick Search
09/23/2021 03:19 PM
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Home / House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Subscribe to PaLegis Notifications

Subscribe to receive notifications of new Co-Sponsorship Memos circulated

By Member | By Date | Keyword Search

House of Representatives
Session of 2019 - 2020 Regular Session


Posted: March 11, 2019 11:43 AM
From: Representative Jack Rader, Jr.
To: All House members
Subject: Mixed Use Town Center Development Legislation
Soon, I will be introducing legislation regarding the imbalance Restaurant Liquor licenses and Mix Use Town Centers.

As many of you may are aware, currently Restaurant Liquor licenses (R licenses) are tied to the county they are in and are not allowed to be transferred into another county. Currently, there are several counties that have a surplus of R licenses, and several that have a high demand of for R licenses but cannot obtain them.

In current law, there is a provision that allows R licenses from Philadelphia, a county that has an excess of R licenses, to be transferred into Montgomery County for use at a Mix Use Town Center. This town center is commonly known as King of Prussia. Mix Use Town Centers are substantial projects that have high demand for R licenses.

My legislation seeks to allow the transfer of R licenses from counties like Philadelphia, that have an overabundance of R licenses, and allows them to be moved into future Mix Use Town Centers.

Thank you in advance for consideration of my legislation.

Introduced as HB1524