Legislation Quick Search
12/04/2021 10:16 AM
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20170&cosponId=21878
Share:
Home / House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

House Co-Sponsorship Memoranda

Subscribe to PaLegis Notifications
NEW!

Subscribe to receive notifications of new Co-Sponsorship Memos circulated

By Member | By Date | Keyword Search


House of Representatives
Session of 2017 - 2018 Regular Session

MEMORANDUM

Posted: January 9, 2017 10:59 AM
From: Representative Ed Neilson
To: All House members
Subject: Slot Machines at Off-Track Facilities
 
In the near future, I plan to introduce legislation that would permit slot machines at off-track wagering facilities and other non primary locations. Under this legislation, race track casinos would be permitted to operate up to 250 slot machines at two off-track wagering sites. Casinos would also be permitted to operate up to 250 slot machines at two ancillary locations. Race tracks casinos and casinos would be required to pay a $5 million fee for each non primary location or ancillary facility. Off-track wagering facilities and ancillary facilities would be subjected to a tax of 54 percent on their daily gross terminal revenue from slot machine operation; 92 percent of those monies would be deposited in the General Fund and the remaining 8 percent would be a local share distributed between the county and the municipality in which the facility is located.
Please join me in co-sponsoring this important legislation.



Introduced as HB1718