|In the near future, I plan on introducing legislation that would amend Title 65 dealing with executive sessions. My legislation would allow an executive session to be held to discuss the following:
Please join me in cosponsoring this important piece of legislation
- Any matter as it pertains to a specific individual prospective, current or former employee when it relates to employment, appointment, termination of employment, terms and conditions of employment, performance evaluations, promotions and disciplining.
- To review and discuss plans related to security and emergency preparedness.
- Provides that an entire executive session shall be recorded and maintained for one year.
- Having the agency consult with a solicitor or legal counsel on the subject matter prior to holding the executive session. Provides that in case where solicitor is not available, the person in charge of the meeting will verify on the record that the items should be discussed in executive session as opposed to in public.
- Gives any member of the agency immunity from criminal liability if the member makes a good faith report of a violation of the law.