Andrew G Miller
Father of Sen. William E. Miller, Andrew G. was born on June 7, 1811, Yellow Breeches Creek, Cumberland County, the son of Abraham and Elizabeth (Boyer) Miller. A fuller, he married Eleanor Umberger and built a fulling mill on Conodaguinet Creek, West Pennsboro Township. He later moved the family to West Hill, West Pennsboro Township, opening a general store, hotel, and blacksmith shop in Newville. He eventually opened another store in Dickinson Township. After he incurred an arm injury at the blacksmith shop, resulting in the limb’s amputation, he sold his business interests and retired to farming. He organized, served as cashier, and later became president of the Farmers and Mechanics Bank of Shippensburg. He died on February 14, 1880 in Shippensburg.