Herman P Brandt
HERMAN P. BRANDT, a resident of Perrysville, son of Peter and Margaret (Schnabel) Brandt, was born in Allegheny county, Nov. 16, 1877. He was educated in the common schools of his own township and later entered the Pennsylvania College of Embalming, from which he graduated with honors. He then became engaged with the well-known firm of Ley & Geiselhart, and on Feb. 10, 1902, Mr. Brandt opened an office for himself in Perrysville, being the youngest undertaker in business for himself in Allegheny county. His youth seems not to have stood in the way of his success, for in point of business he is among the first of his calling, his business entering into and covering more territory than that of any other undertaker in the county. Although living out of the city, he has every convenience in the way of telephone or telegraph service, and, in fact, anything incident to his work. His increasing business demands a large livery hire and an assistant, the latter, Mr. Ambrose Smith, like Mr. Brandt, being one of the hustling young men of the county. Mr. Brandt has had experience far beyond his years and bids fair to be one of our foremost men in the future. He is connected with several of the fraternal organizations, being a member of the Masonic order, Bellevue lodge, also a member of the I. O. O. P., of Allegheny city. He is also an active member of the Lutheran church of Franklin township. Peter Brandt, father of the subject of this sketch, is a son of Philip Brandt, one of the living pioneers of Allegheny county. Peter Brandt is the father of five children: Mrs. Amelia Miller, of Sewickley; Herman P., Walter C, Emma C, a student in the Indiana state normal and connected with the undertaking establishment of Herman Brandt, and Russel L. (deceased). The Brandt family is one of the prominent families of Allegheny county.
Owner H.P. Brandt Funeral home
from Memoirs of Allegheny County