Orrin Asa Lines
Born in Montrose, Susquehanna County, April 4, 1843, Orrin Lines was the son of Philander and Harriett S. (Gregory) Lines; educated at Montrose Academy; enlisted as a member Capt. Van Valkenburgh’s Co., Cpl., Sept. 15-Sept 24, 1862, Militia of 1862 (Antietam); then with the 28th Militia of 1863, June 16-July 27, Gettysburg; then with Co. D, 50th Regt., PVI, April 12, 1864, mustering out with the regiment on July 30, 1865: action at the Wilderness; Spotsylvania Court House; the Salient; Cold Harbor; Bethesda Church; the Siege of Petersburg; the Crater; Weldon Railroad; Poplar Springs Church; Boydton Plank Road-Hatcher’s Run; Fort Stedman; the Appomattox Campaign; and the pursuit of Lee. He returned to Brooklyn and Gibson, Pa. as a harness maker; moved to Great Bend in 1877, mercantile business with P.H. Lines and Co. (father); elected to state Senate, November 1886, serving through 1890; moved to Bethlehem, Pa. by 1900; Oil City in 1903; returned to Montrose in 1909; then moved back to Oil City through 1914 when his wife died; retired to Bethlehem with his daughter and son-in-law, in whose home he passed away on May 6, 1928. Senator Orrin A. Lines was interred in Montrose Cemetery. He married Susan Lines of Susquehanna County.