In 1802, William Pennell and Thomas Dutton were conveyed land in Aston, for use as a school building. Born November 29, 1767, Middletown Twp., Chester (now Delaware) County, the son of grist-miller William and Mary Dell Pennell; died November 25, 1817 same place. A close colleague of Presley Carr Lane. Member of the House of Representatives, 1803; 1807-08: Served on the Committee to establish a militia; the public school committee; as a senator from Delaware, the Health Laws Committee 1806-07: Committee on Libels; Militia; and Schools or Seminaries of Learning. Voted for William Findlay for U.S. Senate. Pro banking reform; 1805-06: Judicial Reform – establishment of two supreme court districts; ; abolished the old High Court of Errors, transferring duties to Sup. Court; 1804-05; Passmore v. Justices Shippen-Yeates-Smith Supreme Court trial in Senate; Pennell vote in favor of the Justices. Pennell Road, Lima, Delaware County is named for his family.