Joshua Y Jones
The beginning of the present century marks the arrival of several physicians, who became more or less prominent. Among these may be mentioned Dr. John Jones, who, in 1802, located in Horsham, about one mile from the Three Tons tavern. He continued in practice through Gwynedd, Montgomery, and Horsham, Abington, Whitpain and Whitemarsh townships for forty-three years. He left a son, Joshua Y. Jones, who graduated at the University of Pennsylvania in 1830, and who assumed the practice of his father through the same region. In 1845 he was appointed by Governor Shunk, Lazaretto physician. In 1852 he was elected to the Senate for three years. In 1876 Congress appointed him one of the Centennial commissioners for the State of Pennsylvania. It may be related in this connection that a daughter of Dr. Joshua Jones is the wife of Dr. F. S. Wilson, who practiced in the same locality until honored with the appointment under Governor Pattison that his father-in-law had received under Governor Shunk.
Died December 25, (Christmas day) 1878; age 72; died at Three Tons, Upper Dublin Township, Montgomery County.