Honorable Robert Peter “Judge” Johnson (R17) Montgomery County
Honorable Robert P. “Judge” Johnson (R17), born Philadelphia, September 7, 1926, the son of William Barton and Ethel (Bonsor) Johnson; graduated, Lower Merion High School, 1945; B.S., Saint Joseph’s College, 1954; attended, Villanova University; attended, Penn State, the University of Virginia Law School, the University of Alabama Law School (American Academy of Judicial Education) and Temple University; ; married Marilyn J. Murray; two children; died, April 25, 2021 in Bryn Mawr, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania; interred, Calvary Hill, Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
served, United States Navy (1944-1946, World War II); served, United States Navy Reserve (8 years); justice of the peace, district court judge Montgomery County (1954-1984); justice of the peace, Served as the legal administrator for the Dilworth, Paxson, Kalish & Kauffman Law Firm in Philadelphia
Elected, Republican, Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 1959, 1961 and 1963 terms;
Elected, Republican, Pennsylvania State Senate (1965-1968); not a candidate for reelection to the State Senate (1968); appointed, State Milk Marketing Board (1968).
26th day of June 1984, was presented with a Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Order signed by Chief Justice Robert N. C. Nix Jr., in recognition of serving with distinction in all three branches of government of the Commonwealth for a period of over thirty years. Legislative (House of Representatives and Senate) Executive (State Milk Marketing Board) Judicial (District Court Judge, Montgomery County)
Professional titles; business ownership; board memberships; local government; club memberships:
member of Saint John Vianney Catholic Church, Gladwyne. Member of the following organizations, the Knights of Columbus, Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick; the Optimist Club and the Gladwyne, Penn Valley and Merion Park Civic Associations; of the Gladwyne, Union and Narberth Fire Companies; Overbrook and Sea View Country Clubs; Bachelor’s Barge Club of Philadelphia, Earlington Men’s Club; American Legion, a Life Member of the Navy League; a 50-year member of the Union League in Philadelphia. He was a former President of the District Justices of Montgomery County. He was a Director of Trevose Federal Savings and the Bank of King of Prussia. President-Director of the Lower Merion Police Pension Association.
Pa. House of Representatives Biography: