HON. ELLIOTT RODGERS, ex-judge and state senator, residing in Greater Pittsburgh, was born in Allegheny City, Pennsylvania, December 12, 1865, son of Thomas L. and Clara (Scott) Rodgers. The grandfather on the paternal side was Rev. James Rodgers, born in Ireland and settled in Allegheny about 1810. He was a United Presbyterian minister and formed and preached in the Second United Presbyterian church in Allegheny for thirty-three successive years. For many years he was in charge of the board of publication for the church with which he was connected. About 1830 he married Eliza Livingston, of an old New York family, who came to Washington county, Pennsylvania, early in 1800. The first born son of this union was the subject's father, Thomas Livingston Rodgers. Thomas Livingston Rodgers, eldest son of Rev. James and Eliza (Livingston) Rodgers, was born in 1834. In young manhood he engaged in mercantile pursuits in Pittsburgh, continuing until elected a member of the board of revision of taxes in and for the county of Allegheny, in the year 1905. He married, in 1864, Clara Scott, daughter of John and Mary Elliott Scott. John Scott was register of wills for Allegheny county about 1852, and was engaged in the milling business, his grist mill being located on his farm in Ross township, Allegheny county. Hon. Elliott Rodgers obtained his education at the public and private schools and at the Pittsburgh Academy. He selected law as his profession and was admitted to the Allegheny county bar in June, 1887. In April, 1896, he was elected city solicitor for Allegheny City and was serving his third term when appointed to the judgeship of the court of common pleas. No. 2, in February, 1901. He was elected to the full term of ten years as judge, commencing January, 1902. He filled the office acceptably until he resigned March 4, 1905, for the purpose of practicing law, with the well-known law firm of Rodgers, Blakeley & Calvert. Politically. In November, 1906, he was elected to a seat in the state senate. On the retirement of Judge White from Court of Common Pleas No. 2, Elliott Rodgers was appointed and afterwards elected an associate judge of that court. Judge Rodgers was born on December 12, 1865, in Allegheny county. He was educated in the public schools and at the Pittsburgh Academy, and was admitted to practice on June 25, 1887. He was elected city solicitor of Allegheny in April, 1896, and reelected in 1898 and 1900. He was appointed a judge of Court of Common Pleas No. 2, on January 30, 1901, and elected to succeed himself in November of that year. He resigned from the bench in 1905 and became general counsel of the Pittsburgh Coal Company. He died in 1917. His church connections Mr. Rodgers is a member of the North Presbyterian church of Allegheny City. He was united in marriage, September 20, 1892, to Eleanor Van Voorhis Dauler, daughter of William H. and Elizabeth V. Dauler. Mrs. Rodgers was educated at the Pennsylvania College for Women at Pittsburg. Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers are the parents of the following children: Eleanor, Elliott Livingston. Donald Scott and Oliver.