|In the near future I will be introducing legislation that will amend Title 71 adding a chapter that deals with plain writing.
My legislation mirrors the federal Plain Writing Act of 2010 and requires executive agencies to:
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Abbott in my office at 717-260-6134.
- Use plain writing in every covered document that the agency issues or substantially revises;
- Train employees in “plain writing;”
- Establish a process for overseeing the agency’s compliance with this Chapter;
- Create and maintain a plain writing section on the agency’s website to inform the public of agency compliance with the requirements of this Chapter;
- Provide a mechanism for the agency to receive and respond to public input on agency implementation and agency reports required under this Chapter, and be accessible from its homepage; and
- Designate one or more agency points-of-contact to receive and respond to public input on the implementation of this Chapter.