BRIGADIER GENERAL RICHARD J. TALLMAN MEMORIAL BRIDGE - DESIGNATION
|Act of Jul. 7, 2011, P.L. 273, No. 58||Cl. 87|
Designating a bridge on that portion of State Route 0006 over the Lackawaxen River, Honesdale Borough, Wayne County, as the Brigadier General Richard J. Tallman Memorial Bridge.
The General Assembly finds and declares that:
(1) Brigadier General Richard J. Tallman was born on March 28, 1925, in Honesdale Borough, Wayne County.
(2) General Tallman served in World War II and received a battlefield commission following the Battle of the Bulge.
(3) After World War II, General Tallman graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, Class of 1949.
(4) General Tallman served in the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam Conflict.
(5) On July 9, 1972, General Tallman was killed in action on his fourth tour in Vietnam during the Battle of An Loc.
(6) General Tallman was the last general killed in action during the Vietnam Conflict.
(7) The family of General Tallman has continued his military legacy. Two of his children and five grandchildren are graduates of the United Stated Military Academy at West Point. In total, eleven of his grandchildren serve in the United States Armed Forces.
The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. Brigadier General Richard J. Tallman Memorial Bridge.
(a) Designation.--The bridge located on State Route 0006 over the Lackawaxen River, Honesdale Borough, Wayne County, is hereby designated the Brigadier General Richard J. Tallman Memorial Bridge.
(b) Signs.--The Department of Transportation shall erect and maintain appropriate signs displaying the name of the bridge to traffic in both directions on the bridge.
Section 2. Effective date.
This act shall take effect in 60 days.