JAMES MORRISON MEMORIAL BRIDGE - OFFICIAL DESIGNATION Act of Oct. 4, 1978, P.L. 980, No. 197 Cl. 87 AN ACT Designating a certain bridge in Warren County as the "James Morrison Memorial Bridge." The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows: Section 1. James Morrison, who moved with his family to Warren County about 1800, is believed to have been the first permanent settler of Kinzua Township. Previously, Morrison had rendered active service during the Revolutionary War, having engaged in combat at Staten Island in 1776 and in the crucial victory at Trenton on the day after Christmas. In recognition of the foresight, courage and independence of this early Pennsylvania pioneer, the General Assembly hereby recognizes his achievements by affixing his name to a bridge in his adopted Warren County. Section 2. The bridge on T.R. 59 (L.R.209 Station 507+13) approximately 9.6 miles east of Warren Borough and 0.3 mile west of the Warren-McKean County line, is hereby officially designated as the "James Morrison Memorial Bridge." Section 3. The Secretary of Transportation shall erect suitable markers in order to carry out the provisions of this act. Section 4. This act shall take effect immediately.