Act of Apr. 13, 1927, P.L. 204, No. 161              Cl. 72
                                  AN ACT

     Providing for the refunding of moneys deposited by the
        Department of Highways in the State Treasury through mistake
        or error, or to which moneys, after such payment thereof, it
        sufficiently appears that the Commonwealth has no lawful
        Section 1.  Be it enacted, &c., That whenever any moneys are
     or have been deposited in the State Treasury and credited to
     special funds for the use of the Department of Highways, and to
     which it appears the said department is not rightfully entitled,
     the person or persons firm, municipal corporation or
     corporation, who has paid the same, may present a claim to the
     Department of Highways for a refund. The said claim and all
     evidence presented therewith shall be presented to the Auditor
     General, State Treasurer, and Attorney General, who shall
     consider the same and if, in their opinion, the Department of
     Highways or the Commonwealth has no valid claim to such moneys
     and the same properly belong to the claimant or claimants and
     ought in equity and good faith to be refunded, they shall so
     certify, under their hands and official seals, specifying the
     amount or amounts to be refunded and the person or persons,
     firm, municipal corporation or corporation, to whom the same are
     to be paid respectively. The said certificates shall be filed in
     the office of the Auditor General, who shall thereupon draw his
     warrant upon the State Treasurer, payable to said claimant or
     claimants, for the amount found to be due him, it, or them, the
     said claims to be paid out of the fund in which the money was
     erroneously deposited.