5551. No limitation applicable.
5552. Other offenses.
5553. Summary offenses involving vehicles.
5554. Tolling of statute.
Prior Crimes and Offenses. Section 25(c) of Act 142 of 1976 provided that the period of limitations specified in Act 142 with respect to crimes and offenses shall not apply to crimes and offenses committed before the effective date of Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and the prior statutes of limitation are hereby continued in force as to such crimes and offenses.
Cross References. Subchapter C is referred to in section 7507.1 of Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses).
§ 5551. No limitation applicable.
A prosecution for the following offenses may be commenced at any time:
(2) Voluntary manslaughter.
(3) Conspiracy to commit murder or solicitation to commit murder if a murder results from the conspiracy or solicitation.
(4) Any felony alleged to have been perpetrated in connection with a murder of the first or second degree, as set forth in 18 Pa.C.S. § 2502(a) or (b) and (d) (relating to murder).
(5) A violation of 75 Pa.C.S. § 3742 (relating to accidents involving death or personal injury) or 3732 (relating to homicide by vehicle) if the accused was the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the death of any person.
(6) A violation of 18 Pa.C.S. § 2702(a)(1), (2), (4) or (7) (relating to aggravated assault) if the accused knew the victim was a law enforcement officer and the law enforcement officer was acting within the scope of the officer's duties.
(7) An offense under any of the following provisions of 18 Pa.C.S. (relating to crimes and offenses), or a conspiracy or solicitation to commit an offense under any of the following provisions of 18 Pa.C.S. if the offense results from the conspiracy or solicitation, if the victim was under 18 years of age at the time of the offense:
Section 3011(b) (relating to trafficking in individuals).
Section 3012 (relating to involuntary servitude) as it relates to sexual servitude.
Section 3121 (relating to rape).
Section 3122.1 (relating to statutory sexual assault).
Section 3123 (relating to involuntary deviate sexual intercourse).
Section 3124.1 (relating to sexual assault).
Section 3124.2 (relating to institutional sexual assault).
Section 3125 (relating to aggravated indecent assault).
Section 4302 (relating to incest).
(Oct. 5, 1980, P.L.693, No.142, eff. 60 days; Dec. 14, 1984, P.L.986, No.199, eff. 60 days; Dec. 19, 1984, P.L.1089, No.218, eff. imd.; Apr. 5, 1990, P.L.113, No.27, eff. 60 days; July 17, 2007, P.L.123, No.37, eff. 60 days; Nov. 26, 2019, P.L.641, No.87, eff. Nov. 26, 2019)
2019 Amendment. Act 87 added par. (7). See sections 9 and 10(1) of Act 87 in the appendix to this title for special provisions relating to severability and applicability.
2007 Amendment. Act 37 amended the entire section. Section 5 of Act 37 provided that the addition of par. (6) which provides for a new statute of limitations for certain violations of 18 Pa.C.S. § 2702(a)(1), (2), (4) or (7) shall apply to such aggravated assaults committed after the effective date of section 5.
Cross References. Section 5551 is referred to in sections 5552, 8522, 8542 of this title.