RESPONSIBILITY OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
9161. Duties of the Attorney General.
§ 9161. Duties of the Attorney General.
The Attorney General shall have the power and authority to:
(1) Establish rules and regulations for criminal history record information with respect to security, completeness, accuracy, individual access and review, quality control and audits of repositories.
(2) Establish the maximum fees which may be charged for the costs of reproducing criminal history record information for individual access and review for research or statistical purposes and for access by noncriminal justice agencies and individuals.
(3) Make investigations concerning all matters touching the administration and enforcement of this chapter and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder.
(4) Institute civil proceedings for violations of this chapter and the rules and regulations adopted thereunder.
(5) Conduct annual audits of the central repository and of a representative sample of all repositories within the Commonwealth, collecting, compiling, maintaining and disseminating criminal history record information.
(6) Appoint such employees and agents as it may deem necessary.
(June 11, 1982, P.L.476, No.138, eff. 180 days)