- Mary-Jo Mullen has been serving the Democratic Caucus as Deputy Chief of Staff for Administration since 2013. In that capacity, she oversees caucus financial management, human resources, information technology, the legislative printing office, the office of demographics, administrative support services, constituent services, and member services.
- Ms. Mullen, an attorney, is a member of the Pennsylvania bar and is also a Pennsylvania Certified Public Accountant. She is a 1995 graduate of the Dickinson School of Law and earned a B.S. in Accounting from Penn State University in 1988.
- Over the years Mary-Jo has worn a number of hats in state and county government, as well as the private sector. Some of you may have gotten to know her as Director of Legislative Affairs for the Insurance Department, as Chief of the Department of Revenue’s Inheritance and Realty Transfer Tax Division, as Director of the Bureau of Enforcement and Investigation at the Department of State, or as Executive Director of the District Attorneys Association.
- A former prosecutor, Mary-Jo was Chief Deputy District Attorney in Cumberland County and former Deputy Attorney General in the PA Office of Attorney General. Prior to and immediately after attending law school, Ms. Mullen spent several years in public accounting, as both an auditor and tax accountant.
- Outside of the office, Mary-Jo is also a certified fitness instructor who currently teaches indoor cycling and Zumba. She enjoys practicing piano and dancing, especially ballroom, Latin, and Irish step dancing,