§ 1102. Vehicles not requiring certificate of title.
No certificate of title is required for:
(1) A vehicle owned by the United States unless it is registered in this Commonwealth.
(2) A golf cart, motor-driven cycle, go-cart or other similar vehicle unless it is registered in this Commonwealth.
(3) A new vehicle owned by a manufacturer or registered dealer before and until sale.
(4) A vehicle owned by a nonresident of this Commonwealth and not required by law to be registered in this Commonwealth.
(5) A vehicle owned by a resident legally required to be registered in another state, based and used principally outside of this Commonwealth, and not required by law to be registered in this Commonwealth.
(6) A vehicle regularly engaged in the interstate transportation of persons or property for which a currently effective certificate of title has been issued in another state.
(7) A vehicle moved solely by human or animal power.
(8) An implement of husbandry unless required to be registered.
(9) Special mobile equipment unless required to be registered.
(10) A multipurpose agricultural vehicle.
(11) A tow dolly.
(12) An electric personal assistive mobility device.
(Mar. 7, 1982, P.L.152, No.49, eff. imd.; July 11, 1985, P.L.220, No.56, eff. 60 days; Aug. 5, 1991, P.L.238, No.26, eff. imd.; July 4, 2002, P.L.692, No.105, eff. 60 days)
2002 Amendment. Act 105 added par. (12).
1991 Amendment. Act 26 added par. (11).
1985 Amendment. Act 56 added par. (10).
1982 Amendment. Act 49 amended the intro. par. and deleted par. (10).
Cross References. Section 1102 is referred to in section 1101 of this title.