§ 5524. Two year limitation.
The following actions and proceedings must be commenced within two years:
(1) An action for assault, battery, false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution or malicious abuse of process.
(2) An action to recover damages for injuries to the person or for the death of an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect or unlawful violence or negligence of another.
(3) An action for taking, detaining or injuring personal property, including actions for specific recovery thereof.
(4) An action for waste or trespass of real property.
(5) An action upon a statute for a civil penalty or forfeiture.
(6) An action against any officer of any government unit for the nonpayment of money or the nondelivery of property collected upon on execution or otherwise in his possession.
(7) Any other action or proceeding to recover damages for injury to person or property which is founded on negligent, intentional, or otherwise tortious conduct or any other action or proceeding sounding in trespass, including deceit or fraud, except an action or proceeding subject to another limitation specified in this subchapter.
(8) (Deleted by amendment).
(Dec. 20, 1982, P.L.1409, No.326, eff. 60 days; Dec. 17, 2001, P.L.904, No.101, eff. 60 days; Nov. 24, 2004, P.L.1243, No.152, eff. imd.)
Cross References. Section 5524 is referred to in section 1553 of Title 15 (Corporations and Unincorporated Associations).