§ 6313. Reporting procedure.
(a) Report by mandated reporter.--
(1) A mandated reporter shall immediately make an oral report of suspected child abuse to the department via the Statewide toll-free telephone number under section 6332 (relating to establishment of Statewide toll-free telephone number) or a written report using electronic technologies under section 6305 (relating to electronic reporting).
(2) A mandated reporter making an oral report under paragraph (1) of suspected child abuse shall also make a written report, which may be submitted electronically, within 48 hours to the department or county agency assigned to the case in a manner and format prescribed by the department.
(3) The failure of the mandated reporter to file the report under paragraph (2) shall not relieve the county agency from any duty under this chapter, and the county agency shall proceed as though the mandated reporter complied with paragraph (2).
(b) Contents of report.--A written report of suspected child abuse, which may be submitted electronically, shall include the following information, if known:
(1) The names and addresses of the child, the child's parents and any other person responsible for the child's welfare.
(2) Where the suspected abuse occurred.
(3) The age and sex of each subject of the report.
(4) The nature and extent of the suspected child abuse, including any evidence of prior abuse to the child or any sibling of the child.
(5) The name and relationship of each individual responsible for causing the suspected abuse and any evidence of prior abuse by each individual.
(6) Family composition.
(7) The source of the report.
(8) The name, telephone number and e-mail address of the person making the report.
(9) The actions taken by the person making the report, including those actions taken under section 6314 (relating to photographs, medical tests and X-rays of child subject to report), 6315 (relating to taking child into protective custody), 6316 (relating to admission to private and public hospitals) or 6317 (relating to mandatory reporting and postmortem investigation of deaths).
(10) Any other information required by Federal law or regulation.
(11) Any other information that the department requires by regulation.
(c) Written reports.--(Deleted by amendment).
(d) Failure to confirm oral report.--(Deleted by amendment).
(Dec. 16, 1994, P.L.1292, No.151, eff. July 1, 1995; Apr. 15, 2014, P.L.417, No.33, eff. Dec. 31, 2014)
Cross References. Section 6313 is referred to in sections 6305, 6311, 6334, 6336, 6339, 6340, 6349, 6367, 6368 of this title.